http://photo.jessops.com/ (the “Website”) is owned by Jessops Europe Limited.
Jessops Europe Limited (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) operate the Website and We own the database of customer data that is derived from the Website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Jessops Europe Limited with registered address and trading address at Network House, Third Avenue, Globe Business Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1EY.
To help you find the information you are looking for, please use the following links:
- 1. Information we collect
- 2. Log files
- 3. Cookies
- 4. Security and where we store user information
- 5. How we use your data
- 6. Who we share your data with
- 7. Verification and supplementation of information
- 8. Right of access to your data that we hold
- 10. Contact
1. Information we collect
We are the sole owner of the information collected on http://photo.jessops.com.
We may collect and process the following data about users:
- Contact information (such as name, email, and delivery address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiry date) that users provide by completing the order form. This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfil customer's orders. If there is a problem processing an order, the information is used to contact the user.
- Additional information (including, but not limited to, an additional delivery address) that users provide when they sign up for the My Account Area.
- Information gathered from time to time from users participating in surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose their information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postcode).
- A record of correspondence when users contact Us.
- Details of transactions users carry out through the Website and fulfilment of their orders.
- Details of user visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that users access.
2. Log files
Like most standard website servers, We collect and use log files. Log files include users’ internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We use 2 tracking utilities called “Google Analytics” and “Adobe Omniture” that use log files to analyse user movement.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages within websites.
The Website uses both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. More information on cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org (this opens a new window).
By setting a cookie on the Website, the Website can 'remember' who a user is and whether that user is a "Member" of the "Member's Area". Persistent cookies enable the Website to "remember" what a user has in their basket. No personal information is recorded in these cookies - only the contents of a user’s basket.
4. Security and where we store user information
By submitting their personal data, users expressly agree to this transfer, storing or processing of their personal data outside of the EEA.
This Website takes every precaution to protect Our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When Our registration/order forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. This uses 128 bit encryption, the highest currently commercially available.
While on a secure page, such as Our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just 'surfing'.
While We use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, We also use all reasonable efforts to protect user-information off-line. All of Our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is subject to restricted access in Our offices. Only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, Our Web Sales or Dispatch teams) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.
5. How we use your data
We use information held about users in the following ways:
- in order to process users’ orders from Our Website.
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Us and users.
- to analyse trends, administer the Website, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- to notify the winners of competitions and award prizes.
- to monitor or improve the use of, and users’ satisfaction of the Website.
- to provide users with information, products or services that they request from Us or which We feel may interest them, where they have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to provide selected third parties with users’ data, to enable such third parties to provide users with information about the third party’s goods and services which may be of interest to the users, where users have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to notify users about changes to the Products.
We send all new Members a welcoming email to verify password and username.
We send update emails to Our Members from time to time, to keep them up to date with product launches, promotions, services, a newsletter and Website news. Members can opt-out of these emails at the time of registration or at any other point of providing data over the Website, or by replying to the original email with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, or by emailing email@example.com.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if Our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance We might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
6. Who we share your data with
Though We make every effort to preserve user privacy, We may need to disclose personal information when required by law if necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process.
We share anonymous aggregated demographic information with Our partners and advertisers. For example, We may pass details to Our suppliers of the number of users looking at/purchasing their products, or the number of click-throughs from their own websites.
For the purpose of credit/debit card authorisations We will pass users’ name and address to Our bank.
For the purpose of delivering users purchases, We will pass users’ name and address to Parcelforce, or another of Our parcel carriers. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
In the event We go through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of Our assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via a prominent notice on Our Website prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users' personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be notified in a manner consistent with Our “Changes” section below.
7. Verification and supplementation of information
In order for this Website to properly fulfil its obligation to users it is necessary for Us to supplement the information We receive with information from third party sources.
We use AFD software to verify a user's address to gain authorisation for sales charged to their credit/debit card.
8. Right of access to your data that we hold
The Act gives users the right to access information held about them. Users’ right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing users with details of the information We hold about them.
If, however, We are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection We will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not We use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the Website, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner.
In addition, if We make any material changes in Our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in Our database, We will post a prominent notice on the Website notifying users of the change. In some cases where We post a notice We will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from Us, notifying them of the changes in Our privacy practices.
Jessops Photo Customer Care:
||01926 456 989
c/o CEWE Limited,
PO Box 4912,
Our VAT No is GB 156 009 915
Our Registered Address is at Network House, Third Avenue, Globe Business Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1EY and our Company Registration Number is 08384909.
© Jessops Europe Limited October 2014.